Updated: May 31, 2023
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you use our services, including:
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you provide:
- directly on our Site;
- in your communications to us,
- to a Booking Channel to book with Lodgeur; or
- to our service providers (such as Keycafe or Autohost).
- Information We Get From Others. We may receive information about you from other sources, such as Booking Channels, payment processors, access management tools, or our fraud and background screening tools. Those providers will have their own privacy policies posted on their sites. We may add information from these sources to information we get from this Site.
- Payment Card Details. Lodgeur is PCI compliant. We securely collect and transmit your card information to payment processors. In addition, through our payment processors we have access to your IP address and internet service provider, your device information, the billing address supplied, and how information was entered. The payment processor shares responses from your card provider, as well as fraud risk rating and indicators.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your IP address, computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Biometric Information. We may collect biometric information from you, such as a selfie of you holding your government-issued ID and images of the front and back of your government-issued ID, as well as any information that is contained on the ID, such as your name, date of birth, address, and other identifying information. This biometric information is collected by our third-party vendor for fraud and risk prevention purposes. By booking a property with Lodgeur, you consent to sharing this biometric information with Lodgeur and its third-party vendor, who both have access to and store this information. Please note that our current third-party vendor is based in Canada. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your biometric information against unauthorized access, accidental loss, destruction, or damage. However, please be aware that no transmission of data over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
- Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- Verify your identity and perform background checks;
- Prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- Block people affected by sanctions lists or sex offender lists from accessing our properties;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Lodgeur and others; and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who provide services to us, such as payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, background checks, access management and marketing assistance. These third-party service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a subpoena or court order or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the safety, property, or rights of Lodgeur, our customers, or others.
- Emergencies: We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We never sell or rent your information.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS & SERVICES
Our services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. We do not control or assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites, products, or services.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.